We run Minecraft Version 1.11.2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    CommanderFluffy's Avatar Diamond Picker
    Blog Entries

Minecraft Addicts Client (Holiday present)

Hey Community members!

Ive been working on this concept for quite some time now. its only a video so relax a bit. development on this may proceed depending on the response i get from it...

Please note this is an uncompleted video as not all the features have been shown.

Features list will be released once enough people are interested and some developers get involved.

so enjoy, give feedback, and what you would like to see in the client.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFrZWiCOqJg

Thanks
    CommanderFluffy

Spread the word! post in all the threads for this video below! Promote our server and the client of dreams!

Minecraftaddicts.com video thread
    Minecraftforum.net video Thread
    Planet Minecraft video thread

feel free to advertize this video so we can get the word out.
    Last edited by CommanderFluffy; 12-15-2012 at 02:31 AM.

ZanderChin's Avatar Iron Trench Maker
    Faction Tag
    [PRO]

Aw sweet. It seems awesome! I would totally use it.

C++ client? That seems like alot of work to completely rewrite EVERYTHING. I do have a working php client with all the packets in place that you can use for reference if you like though. But is there a reason for C++?

Edit: Forgot to say it looks very nice!

Big_Jesse_88's Avatar Golden Spade
    Faction Tag
    [RGS]

Nice job Fluffy ! I would totally use that.

If you need any help in C++ let me know. I've got some experience.

chdsbd's Avatar Golden Hatchet
    Faction Tag
    [PRO]

Re-coding minecraft in C++ seems unnecessarily difficult and this could be done seemingly more easily as a mod in java, but I found some stuff on it.

Here is some people that made clients in C++.
    http://minetest.net/
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/proje...client-461392/

I don't know much about coding in java but here is an api to do menus like you have it. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...d-gui-toolkit/

I hope this works out as the minecraft menus don't look that great.

EDIT: It would be a good idea to post this in the mod suggestion thread on minecraftforums.net
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/...deas-for-mods/

CommanderFluffy's Avatar Diamond Picker
    Blog Entries

ok maybe i should have been more clear.. onmy thing that is c++ is the client menu system.. everything else like th game is java. this is a special launcher? i guess. again concept.

oh yes and refined the reason for c++ is this client will never ask you to update it. it is a stand alone installed system. once installed it will auto download the new minecraft and reset its menu's...

going in new single player no problem.. want to go to an old server definately no problem.

the client will auto downgrade. it will simply let you know this is an outdated server. and is startin a neccicary downgrade for you to play on it. for instance... if you confused it will see minecraft1.3.4.jar and say oh this server is minecraft1.2.2.jar ill just set myself to that.

so if you have 1.3.4 you can easily visit server what have not upgraded by just refrenceing a lower verion in the .minecraft / bin folder. when a new minecraft.jar is downloaded it will set its version number and refrence it as the latest to use on all things.
    Last edited by CommanderFluffy; 12-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.

kking1's Avatar Diamond Digger

im in love with this and know c++ sorta nicely
    hit meup
    "He is a king who fears nothing, he is a king who desires nothing"

Ok I was thinking you wanted to make a "faster" render engine :P. Just remember you would have to have a different version for every operating system and every CPU architecture, but there are GUI frameworks that make that easier like Qt. Well, then again a 32 bit version would probably suffice for each OS.

Really nice! You should add all the mods that are allowed on MCA to the client, so people can just get them in our official client instead of going looking for them themselves and asking if they're allowed on the server.