We run Minecraft Version 1.12.2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    shadow9198's Avatar Golden Miner
    Faction Tag
    [SAS]

You should also start a suggestion thread just for thi so people can post diffrent mods and texture packs that can come pre loaded with the launcher

boomy10's Avatar Golden Spade
    Faction Tag
    [SF]

I love the idea! I would definitely use it.

chdsbd's Avatar Golden Hatchet
    Faction Tag
    [PRO]

Commander, for what you are trying to achieve, I think it would need to modify the minecraft.jar as that is what the menu system in minecraft relies on to work. You might be able to make a launcher with C++, but it wouldn't be able to support all the things you plan. There needs to be a mod programmed in java for the menu system then a different launcher for the downgrading of the jar. Idk how you could get the mod and launcher to work together for auto downgrading though. This will be amazing if it is made.

CommanderFluffy's Avatar Diamond Picker
    Blog Entries

good point chd... but also on the same note id probably rip out the minecraft.jar menu system if i can. almost a complete rewirte of just that system.

What's the name of the song?

Great job Fluffs
    Want to earn some extra caps? Help me flatten my plot! Contact me in game for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFluffy View Post
    good point chd... but also on the same note id probably rip out the minecraft.jar menu system if i can. almost a complete rewirte of just that system.
    Then for each update you will have to rip out the menu system of the jar. All these modified jars would need to be hosted somewhere too.

CommanderFluffy's Avatar Diamond Picker
    Blog Entries

dont worry about hosting ive got that covered. first its just to figure out how to go about doing this.

AssaultCommand's Avatar Diamond Digger
    Faction Tag
    [SAS]
    Blog Entries

You don't need any C++ to do this... I could probably do the menu myself in java if I had the time. The only thing I can imagine that would be exceptionally hard would be animating the grass, but that's just in the concept and concepts=/=the real deal.

If anyone cares I could try and work on my Minecraft Addicts mod over the holidays.
    Perhaps if I ever get it finished you could integrate it into your project, Fluffy.

I already have the working shop interface, and others should be easy, except for the in game private messaging system, which still leaves me clueless as to how I'd do that. Maybe I could do it via a way around the server, where it'd send the messages to .txt files on a server, but that wouldn't be able to be monitored by staff, and I'm not sure everyone would like me having access to their PM's...
    EDIT: Note that if the PM system were to be done via an external server, it could potentially be hooked up with the website. The same could be done in a different sort of way, where the PM's on the server are sent to an external server, then the mod would retrieve said message from that server, too.

Linky for those who haven't heard of what I was working on a while back.

Anyways, not trying to steal your thunder with this reply btw.
    Last edited by AssaultCommand; 12-16-2012 at 08:52 PM.

I think fluffy used the glsl shaders mod for the grass, I doubt he wants to make his own lol.