We run Minecraft Version 1.12.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After 20 months I figure I'd finally introduce myself

Hey guys,

DCL_ here. I've always ignored this section of the forums, but I figure I'd finally do an intro lol. My name is Dave, and I'm from Alberta, Canada. I just recently finished school, and I'm now on my way to become a journeymen Carpenter. I've always loved to build things since I was a kid, and I still do till this day. Thats why I enjoy Minecraft so much, and why I chose to become a Carpenter. I hope one day to pursue my actual dream of becoming an Architect and designing buildings that many would enjoy looking at.

I also really enjoy playing sports like Baseball, Basketball, football and Hockey (pretty much everything except soccer heh) I also enjoy a hefty Baconator or BigMac every once in a while.

I joined the server on May, 6th 2011 and have been playing since. I joined the server under the name of "lucydavi" and after 6 months of being on the server, and my name being mistaken for a girl, I now go by the name of DCL_. Ever since joining the Addicts, I've met lots of awesome people and made lots of awesome friends.

Now you guys know me a bit better,

See you in game

DCL_

boomy10's Avatar Golden Spade
    Faction Tag
    [SF]

How can you not like soccer?

kking1's Avatar Diamond Digger

wow, you don't like soccer? (totally judging you)
    so in your line in architecturing/carpenting
    have you made anything cool!
    or anything YOU find cool?
    "He is a king who fears nothing, he is a king who desires nothing"

I have a few reasons why I dont like soccer.

1. Its the SIMPLEST sport out there. Kick a ball into a net. Yes there may be actual strategy involved, but there is also strategy in Baseball. Plus baseball is a diamond, not a rectangle with 2 nets (Not just judging soccer there but hockey and lacross baseketball too)

2. I've tried watching soccer before and its APPALING! i've literally seen videos where a guy poked another player in the cheek and he was on the ground crying in pain.

3. Its boring to watch. Its also boring for me to play as well (Others may find joy in it)

Second question!

I've only explored my carpentry side of things so far kking. I have done a little bit of blueprint reading and drawing here and there, but basically anything I help build i find really intruiging. It gets really cool when you finish the building you are working on, then a year later you drive by it and you can say "I helped build that".

alien12's Avatar Minecraft Addicts Operator
    Blog Entries

Lol
    Remember to vote for MCA!

Big_Jesse_88's Avatar Golden Spade
    Faction Tag
    [RGS]

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_ View Post
    I have a few reasons why I dont like soccer.

1. Its the SIMPLEST sport out there. Kick a ball into a net. Yes there may be actual strategy involved, but there is also strategy in Baseball. Plus baseball is a diamond, not a rectangle with 2 nets (Not just judging soccer there but hockey and lacross baseketball too)

2. I've tried watching soccer before and its APPALING! i've literally seen videos where a guy poked another player in the cheek and he was on the ground crying in pain.

3. Its boring to watch. Its also boring for me to play as well (Others may find joy in it)
    DCL_, i love soccer. However you do have valid points. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by alien12 View Post
    Lol
    And Alien... That is single handedly thee best Soccer Gif i have seen.... EVER ! Lol, he just poked his ear and he almost died !
    Last edited by alien12; 02-17-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added quotes for DCLs post

Lol
    Thanks alien!

Serythvalker's Avatar Iron Hatchet

What the heck. Sounds exactly like me... I'm just a few steps behind you for carpentry. And I like soccer.

Right, time to beat the trend. I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOUR SPORT CHOICES! Well I've done it now. Anyway it's nice to know somebody has a sane mind around here (not me). Shame you weren't called Alberta from Dave, Canada. That architect dream was more predictable than the walking dead tv series, but a guy with ambition is better than a sheep. Nice to re-meet you DCL_

boomy10's Avatar Golden Spade
    Faction Tag
    [SF]

Lol
    Alien why do you have to prove dcl right?