We run Minecraft Version 1.12.2
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shop Ideas

two cents from a newbie:
    -the /shop is great for selling cobble, etc on the fly while mining. please keep a way to do that, in whatever form.
    -I like the idea of a chest shop at spawn cuz I see people interacting more with each other thru this. And some stuff people want to buy, i.e. I don't kill a lot of skeletons but I do like having bone meal.
    -having the shop buy baked potatoes would be nice. :-)

jennythegreat's Avatar Minecraft Addicts Operator
    Faction Tag
    [MOM]

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaliana View Post
    -I like the idea of a chest shop at spawn cuz I see people interacting more with each other thru this. And some stuff people want to buy, i.e. I don't kill a lot of skeletons but I do like having bone meal.
    Seconded
    One more block...
    One more block...
    One more block...
    "I'm sooo sorry I shot you when you were trying to give me potatoes." - NanaLiana to strikerpro

Thanks for all the thoughts here, I've placed this item on the admin "TO DO LIST"

My overall feeling on shops is that most players would like to keep /shop, even if it is not updated.

I can see a lot of people would like try player shops of some kind as well. By this I mean a shop that works when the player is offline, but is still a physical shop on the server maps that people can visit and walk around in. I think this shop type would be a good fit for our server as it gives people one more thing we can build.
    Playing music makes me happy!
    Vote for Minecraft Addicts!!http://www.minecraftaddicts.com/showthread.php/8945

shadow9198's Avatar Golden Miner
    Faction Tag
    [SAS]

I think that maybe instead of spawn for it, there should be a plot claimed by the mods in capitol prob and set a warp (/warp shop) and then in that plot it would be a shop town where players could claim small sections and make their own personal shops that they would stock and make prices themselves.

Monkeyz's Avatar Golden Hatchet
    Faction Tag
    [NES]

(going off what shadow said) I think you should either have buy a one of those small plots (500 caps for the first one maybe, then prices rise significantly the more you make) and or have to make a claim like you said but it would be more strict than claiming a normal plot, e.i. you'd have to prove that you have a way to supply that chest with what is being demanded, or just something more strict so that you don't run out of space quicker than normal plots. I have several other ideas too, but they sound too much like they'd turn the server into an economy style one :S

Faction Tag
    [SAS]

i do like the idea of buying for a plot. you pay *blank* amount for a part of land and you would have to pay more for a bigger shop. however i dont think it should be strictly based on if you can supply because if i run out odds are someone else may sell the same stuff but not same price so its really up to you to be able to keep watch over your supply yourself. one thing you may want to keep in mind for buildings is to set a basic guidelines for the distance between chests so that someone wont buy a small shop for cheap just to cram it full of chests and make it look unappealing

Monkeyz's Avatar Golden Hatchet
    Faction Tag
    [NES]

maybe have a monthly contest for best looking plots depending on which size group you fall in and the best looking one judged off a random player may be relieved of one moth of rent or something like that to encourage them to design their shop well, or something along those lines? It could prove an interesting result which ever way you go though in my opinion ;3; but again, this is one of my more economy based ideas

dph's Avatar Minecraft Addicts Operator

Having a rent based way would be an interesting way to do it and it would mean that the shops are kept stocked or taken down but in that case I think there would be a very high turnover of the medium to large size shops. With regards to specific details of gaps between chests I don't think that it would be good to have that due to the fact that for example myself, should I do that I would do rows but it would be well designed in the way the resources are put into sections.
    I run a shop. Buy stuff!

Vote! You know you want to: http://www.minecraftaddicts.com/show...craft-Addicts!

Faction Tag
    [SAS]

My main point ln that would be aa long as it looks clean and not clutterd. I would love a rent style idea. That would put a cool twist on things. Maybe in the plot the staff cohld build it with actuall buildings that you can rent instead of building it yourself so that would be a way to set sizes.

jennythegreat's Avatar Minecraft Addicts Operator
    Faction Tag
    [MOM]

Following the idea Shadow had, there could be a basic design of the shops that's uniform and people could decorate as they desire, much like the pelican contest. Like a template that's pre-built with chests in certain places and people just move into them and modify it but have to keep the basic layout as part of their rent.

And then those who just outright buy a plot (separate from the rental district?) could build whatever.
    One more block...
    One more block...
    One more block...
    "I'm sooo sorry I shot you when you were trying to give me potatoes." - NanaLiana to strikerpro