We run Minecraft Version 1.12.2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i thought we were allowed to use zans minimap, improved chat, and hd textures. there were no objections to those in this recent thread...

http://www.minecraftaddicts.com/show...ods-do-you-use

Zan's map and Enhanced Chat are mods I consider essential patches. They do not touch the network or internals like entity location, nor do they provide advantage to a player in gathering resources. I would like to see more sharing of waypoints for use with Zan's to facilitate touring.

Dynamic Light I'm on the fence with, as it does provide a resource advantage by reducing the need for consumption of (char)coal and sticks, but also provides the missing: "When I'm carrying a lit torch, light the area around me."

Avo, CJB, MCC and Zombie are all designed as cheat mods. Kin to the classic wall hack in a FPS game. I find it difficult to avoid the sense of prevarication on the part of those who use them but claim to avoid major aspects of their functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrivane View Post
    Zan's map and Enhanced Chat are mods I consider essential patches. They do not touch the network or internals like entity location, nor do they provide advantage to a player in gathering resources. I would like to see more sharing of waypoints for use with Zan's to facilitate touring.

Dynamic Light I'm on the fence with, as it does provide a resource advantage by reducing the need for consumption of (char)coal and sticks, but also provides the missing: "When I'm carrying a lit torch, light the area around me."

Avo, CJB, MCC and Zombie are all designed as cheat mods. Kin to the classic wall hack in a FPS game. I find it difficult to avoid the sense of prevarication on the part of those who use them but claim to avoid major aspects of their functionality.
    I fully agree that zans minimap and chat mod are essential.

Static and jangles, all of your minecraft time has been spent on the back-end. The insane amount of work you guys have done to make this place work has meant that you havent spent nearly as much time playing this game as others here have. Most of the hardcore minecrafters agree that these two mods are necessary.

The minimap is essential for building things. It would take me way more time for large-scale builds without being able to see a birds-eye view of the area. It is also really good as a compass and coordinates indicator. Both of these features are accessible without mods. Just a pain in the ass to do quickly.

The chat mod is also a must. I wouldnt be able to moderate discussion without it.

MrJangles's Avatar Minecraft Addicts Operator
    Blog Entries

Zan's minimap and chat mods are fine for now, but again, these are luxuries that shouldn't have existed in the first place. Those are the only exceptions because Minecraft seriously lacks functionality there and I expect Notch to address the chat.

Light mods would give PVP players an advantage, and night is an important aspect to Minecraft because it effects how you build. Light mods are not allowed. I know a lot of people use them. It changes the game so much I'm considering it hacking. Time to get rid of your light mods or risk the consequences. This comes in affect when we post the official mod rules today or tomorrow. The foot is down! Sorry, I understand we're a creative server and a mod like this could make sence, but I'm 100% against game changers like this because day and night is crucial to the Minecraft world.
    MrJangles: how did you find us?
    tayroar629: i googled something like "sweet minecraft multiplayer server"

my opinion on dynamic lights is

there are some people that have very dark monitors and its almost pitch black at night this mod allows you to at least enjoy the 7 minutes of night we have every 20 minutes for cave exploring its in a way "cheating" and you should use torches at least to show you have been there but when im building at night i find it very difficult to have to place a torch down just to see what im doing to have to remove said torch 30 seconds later

i will respect you if you say no to it but i thought id throw in my 2 cents

its not essential to my game play but it does help me enjoy it a bit more
    P.eace L.ove U.nity R.espect
    http://www.anime-planet.com/images/u...iggerxplur.jpg
    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrJangles View Post
    Zan's minimap and chat mods are fine by me. Those are the only exceptions because Minecraft seriously lacks functionality there.

Light mods would give PVP players an advantage, and night is an important aspect to Minecraft because it affects how you build. Light mods are not allowed. I know a lot of people use them. It's a bad habit and I consider it hacking. Light hack, wall hack, same thing if you ask me.
    Yeah for sure no light mods. The only mods i agree with are minimap, chat mod, and textures that dont reveal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerxplur View Post

there are some people that have very dark monitors and its almost pitch black at night this mod allows you to at least enjoy the 7 minutes of night we have every 20 minutes for cave exploring its in a way "cheating" and you should use torches at least to show you have been there but when im building at night i find it very difficult to have to place a torch down just to see what im doing to have to remove said torch 30 seconds later

and thats what i was thinking for those that have dark monitors. my monitor is so bright that i can run around at night with no probs. im not using any monitor enhancer or anything. i will do whatever the majority wants for the dynamic light mod.

edit: im getting a database error when i post my replys. after the error, it double-posts. ive been deleting the doubles

Cpt.Carnage's Avatar Diamond Axer

Are we talking day/night mods or dynamic lights?

With the scale of the projects that I do, no dynamic lightmod would severely limit my builds. I can see having night as day mods being advantageous but a glowing pickaxes?

As for spotting other players in the dark in pvp, their nameplate makes that point moot.

MrJangles's Avatar Minecraft Addicts Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerxplur View Post

I agree that it makes the game more enjoyable. Night is dark and long but as long as there are torches, there isn't a problem. Is it really very difficult? It's not.

For people with dark monitors, configure the monitor itself, not the game. I'm sure you can find something that will brighten the monitor.

If I could stop all .jar's, including chat and minimap, I would, and than impliment server wide. That's not an option today so mod management isn't impossible. Please understand my strong feelings towards modifying multiplayer game clients.

(i'm getting server errors too. I've been seeing it more often when you post. I'm looking into it)
    MrJangles: how did you find us?
    tayroar629: i googled something like "sweet minecraft multiplayer server"

CommanderFluffy's Avatar Diamond Picker
    Blog Entries

lets just clairify here. my brightness is on full all the time and without torches i cant see crud at night... so just to clarify.

Light mod = changes night to day. like the time command. its a time mod.

Dynamic light mod = torch in hand. but acts like torch on ground. but its still night/dark out.

light mod... no...

dynamic light yes?

or do i have to go back to placing over 3 stacks of torches when im working on projects on running the interstate?

p.s. i double posted again sigh. funny only happened when we lost navbar and went to the cloud.