We run Minecraft Version 1.12.2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    YourMacManDan's Avatar Diamond Axer
    Faction Tag
    [NUL]
    Blog Entries

Am I cheating...

Due to some unrest with the community, be my judge and tell me if I am cheating...

I installed the zombe mod pack which includes a number of modifications for minecraft...

The mod requires you to enable or disable certain features you want from the pack. The mod pack includes a fly mod which I have disabled due to it not being allowed on the server.

However, I do use the cloud altitude changer, footprint tracer (puts a mark on the ground of where you have traveled), and daytime/nighttime mod (changes from day to night)...

Am I cheating?

CommanderFluffy's Avatar Diamond Picker
    Blog Entries

the only one i would say i would ever allow would be the cloud changer. the rest i dont see the need for. day night.. well its fun in single player but really not needed... the footprint tracer... why bother cant you remember where you have been?

in all honesty i think only a few mods should be allowed. mini map cause the one notch did i dont like... the hd texture pack fix. maybe the dynamic light mod for torches in your hand... these mods listed here dont change the original game play experience except during the night with the light mod.

but i dont think your cheating but stating you do have these mods installed you may have opened up a bag of something not needed. but at the same time we need to protect the server. most of the mods from zombie are completely blacklisted... you should know what they are. anything that gives you an unfair advantage over other players is key to a no no zone.

anyone else with opinions?

Faction Tag
    [NUL]
    Blog Entries

I see your point. But when in the out lands I use the tracer. When building, I need day.

From what I've just read...the zombe mod seems to be a pack for that legion of whiners.

As long as you aren't using any of those mods on the server, I don't think it's cheating, however.
    Vote <--Click to vote for our wonderful server!
    Vote <-- and here while you're at it!

Internet Rule 639. Derpy Hooves loves you! *Kiss*

http://shadownet-online.com/mine/sigs/Godspeedz-sig.jpg

Faction Tag
    [NUL]
    Blog Entries

Mine craft has no defined set of rules. Like I said, I do not use every single mod in the pack.

I use these features to enhance my gameplay. There are some certain mods in the pack that I would consider for people who can not play without cheating.

Minecraft may have no defined rules, but this server does. I suggest you follow them.
    Vote <--Click to vote for our wonderful server!
    Vote <-- and here while you're at it!

Internet Rule 639. Derpy Hooves loves you! *Kiss*

http://shadownet-online.com/mine/sigs/Godspeedz-sig.jpg

Faction Tag
    [NUL]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeedz View Post
    Minecraft may have no defined rules, but this server does. I suggest you follow them.
    Thanks, i forgot about them.

MrJangles's Avatar Minecraft Addicts Operator
    Blog Entries

Thanks, you bring up a very good topic I've been wanting to get my hands on for a while. I'll make this more clear in the rules.

Any mod that changes game play is considered unfair and not allowed, it's not cheating, it's not hacking, it's against our policies. That would include day/night change, light modifiers, and cloud modifiers, flying, and many other things out there.

Minecraft Addicts does not support any mods. We allow the HD texture packs at the most, but even that's pushing it. We will also allow Zan's Minimap and chat mods until Minecraft comes up with something better.

For everyone who's using mods that change the way Minecraft is played, don't. The adverse effects on modified clients can effect the server with no intention, but more importantly, it's not the way online multiplayer games are meant to be played. Everyone must have the same advantage.

I understand some people have gotten used to things like changing day/night, but it shouldn't have been used to begin with. Since modded Minecraft clients are so readily available, someone may not suspect they're breaking our rules. As we all know, it's very important to understand our rules before playing.

Myself and static have been using official clients since day one and so should you! Play the game how it's meant to be played and you'll be surprised how fast you adjust if you're stuck in the mod world.
    MrJangles: how did you find us?
    tayroar629: i googled something like "sweet minecraft multiplayer server"

Faction Tag
    [NUL]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrJangles View Post
    Thanks, you bring up a very good topic I've been wanting to get my hands on for a while. I'll make this more clear in the rules.

Any mod that changes game play is considered unfair and not allowed, it's not cheating, it's not hacking, it's against our policies. That would include day/night change, light modifiers, and cloud modifiers, flying, and many other things out there.

Minecraft Addicts does not support any mods. We allow the HD texture packs at the most, but even that's pushing it. There's nothing we can do to tell which .jar someone is using so it's impossible for us to control. I expect some better control in the future.

For everyone who's using mods that change the way Minecraft is played, don't. The adverse effects on modified clients can effect the server with no intention, but more importantly, it's not the way online multiplayer games are meant to be played. Everyone must have the same advantage.

I understand some people have gotten used to things like changing day/night, but it shouldn't have been used to begin with. Since modded Minecraft clients are so readily available, someone may not suspect they're breaking our rules. As we all know, it's very important to understand our rules before playing.

Myself and static have been using official clients since day one and so should you! Play the game how it's meant to be played and you'll be surprised how fast you adjust if you're stuck in the mod world.
    Thank you for clearing this up. I will remove my mods from my server jar and play vanilla. The Zan's Mini Map and Light mod are used a lot on the server and should be addressed.

Thanks Jangles.

Faction Tag
    [NUL]
    Blog Entries

I will continue to use the improved chat mod due to the chat on minecraft vanilla to be so poor. This i believe will not give me an advantage over anyone else, other than seeing millions of conversations over the irc/chat.